Kenneth G. Oertel
Kenneth G. Oertel founded the firm and is a 1966 graduate of New York University School of Law. Mr. Oertel has an undergraduate degree in Biology. His experience includes several years as Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Southern District of Florida, General Counsel for the Florida Board of Trustees of the Internal Improvement Trust Fund, and first Director of the Division of Administrative Hearings. He also served as General Counsel for the Department of Professional Regulation. He has been in private practice since 1978. He is the author of a book on the Administrative Procedure Act: Florida Administrative Practice Forms. Much of his practice is in the area of regulatory, administrative, growth management, environmental, government contracting, licensing, and transportation law.
- Post Graduate Studies in Ocean Law, University of Miami School of Law
- New York University, Juris Doctor, 1966.
- New York University, B.A., 1963.
- 1970, New York, Florida and U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida; 1972, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit;
- 1974, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, U.S. Court of Claims
- U.S. Department of Justice, 1967-1972;
- General Counsel, State of Florida Board of Trustees, Internal Improvement Trust Fund, 1972-1974;
- Director, State of Florida, Division of Administrative Hearings, 1974-1978;
- General Counsel, Florida Department of Professional Regulation, 1979.
- “Hearings Under Florida’s New Administrative Procedure Act,” The Florida Bar Journal, 1975.
- Florida Administrative Practice Forms, Harrison & Co., 1978.
- “Beach, Shore and Coastal Zone Regulation,” Florida Environmental & Land Use Law, Vol. II, Ch. 14 (1993; 1996 Supp.)
- Hasselback v. Florida Dept. of Environmental Protection, 54 So.3d 637 (Fla. 1st DCA 2011).
- A. Duda and Sons, Inc. v. St. Johns River Water Management Dist., 17 So.3d 738 (Fla. 5th DCA 2009).
- Charlotte County Park of Commerce, LLC v. Charlotte County, 927 So.2d 236 (Fla. 2d DCA 2006).
- St. Joe Corp. v. McIver, 875 So.2d 375 (Fla. 2004).
- Charlotte County v. Vetter, 863 So.2d 465 (Fla. 2d DCA 2004).
- Lost Tree Village Corp. v. City of Vero Beach, 838 So.2d 561 (Fla. 4th DCA 2002).
- Anderson Columbia Co., Inc. v. Board of Trustees of Internal Imp. Trust Fund of State of Fla., 748 So.2d 1061 (Fla. 1st DCA 1999).
- Sartori v. Department of Revenue, 714 So.2d 1136 (Fla. 5th DCA 1998).
- Reiff v. Northeast Florida State Hosp., 710 So.2d 1030 (Fla.1 DCA 1998).
- Lee County v. Zemel, 675 So.2d 1378 (Fla. 2d DCA 1996).
- Collier Development Corp. v. State, Dept. of Environmental Protection, 685 So.2d 1328 (Fla. 2d DCA 1996).
- Martuccio v. Department of Professional Regulation, Bd. of Optometry, 622 So.2d 607 (Fla. 1st DCA 1993).
- State, Dept. of Community Affairs v. Division of Administrative Hearings, Lee County, et al., 588 So.2d 272 (Fla. 1st DCA 1991).
- State, Bd. of Optometry v. Florida Soc. of Ophthalmology, 538 So.2d 878 (Fla. 1st DCA 1988).
- Florida Society of Ophthalmology v. State, Dept. of Professional Regulation, 532 So.2d 1278 (Fla. 1st DCA 1988).
- Richardson v. Wilson, 490 So.2d 1039 (Fla. 1st DCA 1986).
- Balsam v. Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services, 486 So.2d 1341 (Fla 1st DCA 1986).
- Grove Isle, Ltd. v. State Dept. of Environmental Regulation, 454 So.2d 571 (Fla. 1st DCA 1984).
- Capeletti Bros., Inc. v. State, Dept. of Transp., 362 So.2d 346 (Fla. 1st DCA 1978).
Born: New York, New York, February 27, 1943.